The 13 Best Sandals With Arch Support for Walking Around All Day
Every year, it feels so good to put away winter boots and slip into a fresh pair of stylish sandals—that is, until you spend your first full day walking around in them. Unsupportive footwear can leave you with tender, achy arches, and many sandals leave you more prone to blisters, rolled ankles, and tripping. So this year, don't waste your time on sandals that lack the arch support you need—you only get to wear them a few months of the year, after all.
By consulting thousands of customer reviews on shoes from podiatrist-trusted brands, we've picked out 13 of the best sandals with arch support. They give you the style you want without the pain, even if you have collapsed arches or plantar fasciitis. All of them feature durable cushioned and contoured footbeds with ample arch support, plus shock-absorbing soles with plenty of traction, slip-preventing straps, and soft uppers that shouldn't cause blisters. Wear them to the beach, the bar, and beyond. Happy walking!
The Best Sandals With Arch Support of 2021
- Best Overall: Birkenstock Arizona Soft Footbed Sandal
- Best Flip Flops: Mephisto Helen Sandal
- Best Wedges: Clarks Giselle Cove Wedge
- Best Heels: Naturalizer Rose Block Heel Sandal
- Best for Wide Feet: Ecco Flowt Strap Sandal
- Best for Walking: OluKai Nohie Sandal
- Best Slides: Kork-Ease Tutsi Slide Sandal
- Best Athletic: Ecco Yucatan Sandal
- Best Waterproof: Crocs Classic II Flip Flops
- Best Leather: Vionic Ella Toe Loop Sandal
- Best Slingbacks: Munro Pisces Sandal
- Best Color Variety: Aetrex Jillian Quarter Strap Sandal
- Best Gladiators: Naot Dorith Sandal
What Are the Most Comfortable Sandals to Wear?
While every sandal is different, but there are several factors that will help determine if it's supportive and comfortable. Generally speaking, it's best to opt for shoes that offer cushioning, whether that be in the sole, lining, or footbed. Some of the most comfortable flip-flops, slides, and heels are built with contoured footbeds, which will mold to your unique arch shape.
Other important details to look out for include rubber soles, which ensure a sturdy and stabilizing stride, and antimicrobial footbeds to repel odors and bacteria. Fans of closed-toe and strappy sandals should check that the upper of their chosen shoe is soft and stretchy and thus won't restrict natural movement. And if you have a wide-set foot, choose sandals with an adjustable strap so you can customize the fit.
Now that you have a little more information guiding your search, explore some of the best sandals with arch support sandals that you can buy online below.