Dentists swear by these power toothbrushes to keep their pearly whites fresh and plaque-free.
The right toothbrush for you depends on your personal preference—do you want a classic brush that costs a couple bucks at the drugstore? Or do you want to shell out for an electric toothbrush that does some of the work for you? According the American Dental Association, they both work equally well to clean your teeth. But a powered toothbrush might help you ditch some of your bad brushing habits—like not going for long enough and failing to hit hard-to-reach spots—and a 2014 Cochrane review of gave powered models a slight edge over the classic toothbrush.
Ready to put some power onto your pearly whites? Try one of these dentist-recommended electric toothbrushes.
- Best Overall: Oral-B GENIUS X Electric Toothbrush
- Best Sonicare: Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Toothbrush
- Best Oral-B: Oral-B Pro 1000 Power Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush Powered by Braun
- Best Battery-Operated: Foreo ISSA 2 Toothbrush
- Best for Plauqe: Philips Sonicare Flexcare Plus Sonic Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
- Best Budget: Smile Direct Club Electric Toothbrush
- Best Bristles: Rotadent Contour
- Best with Water Flosser: Electric Toothbrush & Water Flosser Combo
- Best Subscription: Shyn Sonic Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
- Best for Beginners: Gleem Electric Toothbrush
Plus: Want more expert-approved oral health products? Here are our top-rated whitening products for sensitive teeth and gums, the best water flossers, the best mouthwash for gingivitis, and our ultimate guide to getting whiter teeth (including the best toothpaste, floss, whitening strips, and more).