Breast Cancer Beauty Guide: Caring for Your Hair and Skin During Treatment
The side effects of breast cancer treatment usually include changes in your appearance. And as if those aren't hard enough to deal with on their own, they also serve as a reminder of the disease. Still, there's hope: There are numerous remedies for hair loss and tender skin, and the options are growing.
We consulted dermatologists, makeup artists, and breast cancer survivors and asked how women can deal with the changes in their appearance during chemotherapy or radiation.
Check out the following articles and consider the advice—ranging from ice packs and face-washing techniques to free haircuts and zinc supplements. Then, tell us your own tips.
- How to Minimize Hair Loss During Chemotherapy
- How to Deal With Thinning Hair During Chemotherapy
- What to Do If Chemo Takes Your Eyebrows and Lashes
- How to Deal With Skin Problems During Breast Cancer Treatment
- Taking Care of Your Fuzzy New Hair After Chemo
- How to Find the Right Wig During Breast Cancer Treatment