Wherever you're staying, these easy moves will make your stay better for you, from Athletic Minded Traveler co-founder Jim Kaese:
- Ask for a non-smoking floor when making your reservation. Not an option? Request a non-smoking room.
- Just say no to the mini-bar key when checking in. Youll save cashand calories.
- Toss the bed cover in the corner of the room: bedspreads are notorious havens for dust-mites (and worse).
- Wipe down the TV remote and telephone with an antibacterial wipe before first use.
- Dont use the re-usable glasses, even if they have a paper cover on top (plastic sealed cups are preferable).
- Bring your own snacks: Keeping fruit (banana, apple), bottled water, and nuts or trail mix in your room helps ensure you dont overdo it when eating out.
- Invest in a portable “soft-noise maker” if youre a super-light sleeper.