Burn More Fat: Just Add Intervals to Your Run
Interval trainingspeeding up and slowing down at set timesis one of the best ways to burn more calories during your run (plus improve speed and stamina). Its also a great way to turn walking workouts into running ones. Here are two plans to try.
Pick up the pace (30 minutes).
FYI: As you gain strength, spend more time running and less time walking.
For seasoned runners
Go faster, stronger, longer (45 minutes).
- Walk at a brisk pace for 3 minutes, then run at an easy pace for 7 minutes.
- Run as hard as you can for 2 minutes.
- Run at an easy pace for 3 minutes.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 four more times.
- Cool down with 7 minutes of easy running and 3 minutes of walking.
FYI: If you focus on taking short, quick strides, your efficiency will improveand your speed will, too.