Dance-Inspired Exercises for Shapely Legs
In your quest for great-looking thighs and calves, who better to emulate than a group famous for strong, beautiful legs: dancers. These ballet-inspired moves will strengthen and tone all of the muscles in you upper and lower legsand might even add more elegance to your stride. Try these moves 3 times per week, gradually increasing to 3 sets of each per session.
- Imagine that youre being suspended by a string from the ceiling to keep you standing tall throughout the workout.
- Keep your abs tight and chest lifted during each exercise.
- Dont lock your knees when straightening your legs.
- Turn your legs out from the hips, and only go as far as is comfortable.
- Keep all of your movements fluid and graceful.
For some additional leg work (and a calorie-burning boost), incorporate hills into your regular walk or run, or increase the incline on the treadmill or elliptical trainer.