Lets say you were creating the perfect diet. Youd want it to be (a) easyno cooking salmon from scratch for lunch, please; (b) portable, with lots of on-the-fly options; and (c) yummy and filling enough that you could actually stick to it.
Youve got it: this mix-and-match plan features all healthy, great-tasting packaged and fast foods. And it includes a few power mix-ins that help burn fat and fill you up so you stay the course. Pair the plan with our easy cardio suggestions, and youll shed 10 pounds this month.
- Eat What You Crave and Drop 10 Pounds
- 5 Surprising Myths About Excess Weight
- Americas Top 10 Healthiest Diets
Take your pick of these lunches and dinners with easy-add-in ingredients thatll help you feel full and drop pounds.
For main meals ....
Zap this: Organic Bistro Jamaican Shrimp Cake
Add that: 2 tablespoons sliced natural almonds
The fiber, monounsaturated fat (MUFAs), and protein in the nuts boost your feeling of fullness, and MUFAs also help you shed belly fat. Total: 386 calories
Zap this: Healthy Choice All Natural Entrees Sweet Asian Potstickers
Add that: 1 cup microwave-steamed chopped broccoli
By adding a low-cal, high-fiber veggie like broccoli, youll eat more and feel super-full on fewer calories. Total: 432 calories
Zap this: Kashi Frozen Entrees Pesto Pasta Primavera
Add that: 2 ounces shredded rotisserie chicken breast without skin
Blast fat: Adding high-quality protein from chicken helps create an even more balanced meal that will keep you feeling full. Total: 374 calories
Zap this: Amys Kitchen Indian Spinach Tofu Wrap
Add that: 1 sunny-side up egg cooked in 1 teaspoon canola oil
Eggs are one of the best sources of hunger-squelching protein out there. Total: 420 calories
Zap this: Seeds of Change Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles
Add that: 1/2 teaspoon Asian chili-garlic sauce
The spicy sauce contains capsaicin, which boosts metabolism. Total: 354 calories
Next Page: Grab and go meals
[ pagebreak ]
Grab and go
Try these take-out choices for lunch or dinner on the go.
- 1 bowl of Subway Chili Con Carne (at right) with 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 slices of a 12-inch Pizza Hut Medium Thin N Crispy Hawaiian Luau Pizza
- Panera Bread Smoked Turkey Sandwich, no mayo
- 2 frozen toasted whole-wheat waffles topped with 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese and 1/2 cup frozen thawed strawberries
- 1/4 cup Bear Naked All Natural Heavenly Chocolate Granola, layered with 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt, and 1 medium sliced banana
- Starbucks Egg White, Spinach & Feta Wrap and 1 medium tangerine
Pick two snacks...
Choose two of the following 50-calorie snacks each day to stay full and get more veggies.
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes or halved cherry tomatoes with 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar (at right)
- 1/4 cup lightly salted shelled edamame
- 1 cup jicama sticks with 2 tablespoons spicy salsa or salsa verde
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mini multicolored bell peppers, raw or oven-roasted
- 1 3/4 cups cucumber slices sprinkled with 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds and 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
Plus, one of these!
Bonus: You also get to eat one of our 100- to 120-calorie snacks a day.
- 3/4 cup raspberries with 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 13 dry-roasted almonds or 30 dry-roasted pistachios
- 1 Laughing Cow Mini Babybel Original cheese with 10 grapes
- 3 tablespoons hummus with 1 cup each fresh bell pepper strips and broccoli florets
- 1/2 large pink grapefruit with 1 large graham cracker
Next Page: Sweat and shrink
[ pagebreak ]
Sweat and shrink
Pair our diet with some calorie-torching workouts to lose up to 10 pounds in a month. Five days a week, pick an activity from this list.
- Do a 40-minute circuit-training workout.
- Walk at a brisk pace for about an hour.
- Hop on a stationary bike and pedal for 45 minutes.
- Jog on a treadmill at a 5-mph pace for 36 minutes.
- Swim laps for 40 minutes.
- Take a step-aerobics class thats 40 minutes or longer.
Calculations based on a 150-pound woman.