Our Turkey Sandwich With Spicy Cranberry Spread recipe adds bite to an old classic.
Makes 4 servings
Prep: 10 minutes
1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce (or any leftover cranberry sauce)
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
8 (1-ounce) slices whole-wheat bread, divided
4 teaspoons light mayonnaise
12 ounces cooked, thinly sliced turkey breast
4 large green leaf lettuce leaves
4 (1-ounce) slices Asiago cheese
1. Put cranberry sauce, mustard, and horseradish in a small bowl, and mix together with a whisk.
2. Spread 2 tablespoons of the mixture on each of 4 slices of bread.
3. Toast the bread slices until they are golden brown.
4. Spread 1 teaspoon of the mayonnaise on each of the remaining 4 slices of bread.
5. Layer 3 ounces sliced turkey, 1 lettuce leaf, and 1 slice cheese on each of the bread slices spread with cranberry sauce. Top each sandwich with the remaining slice of bread. Cut sandwiches in half. (Serving size: 1 sandwich)
Calories 422 (27% from fat); Fat 12g (sat 6g, mono 1g, poly 1g); Cholesterol 98mg; Protein 38g; Carbohydrate 39g; Sugars 19g; Fiber 4g; Iron 3mg; Sodium 758mg; Calcium 266mg