Can't get enough of pumpkin baked goods? Try this blondie recipe that includes sweet chocolate and rich espresso.
Fall is my absolute favorite time of year. Of course, I love the sights and sounds of the season, but I can't get enough of the warm, rich, and delicious pumpkin baked goods that are oh-so-popular right now.
I recently joined in on the pumpkin fun and created a blondie recipe that combines three of my very favorite flavors: pumpkin, chocolate, and espresso. It combines nutrient-packed pumpkin with sweet chocolate and a shot of energy-boosting espresso for a delicious autumn treat to be enjoyed when you need a little pick-me-up!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup canned plain pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 ounce of freshly brewed espresso
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Prepare an 8″ X 8″ baking dish with non-stick cooking spray or butter.
- Combine above ingredients in a large mixing bowl until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter in prepared baking dish and bake for 35-38 minutes until top of blondies are firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before cutting.
Makes 12 bars
Read Tina’s daily food and fitness blog, Carrots ‘N’ Cake.
RELATED: 17 Delicious Pumpkin Recipes