Honey-And-Spice Popcorn Balls
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Makes: 5 servings
• Nonstick cooking spray
• 1/3 cup of honey (preferably buckwheat) or maple syrup
• 1 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/4 tsp coarse salt
• 6 cups air-popped popcorn
• 1/4 to 1/2 tsp ground ancho chiles or your favorite mild to medium chili powder
1. Preheat oven to 300°. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the honey, oil, and salt. Add the popcorn and toss well to coat. Transfer to prepared baking sheet; bake until the popcorn is glistening and the honey is slightly thickened (20–25 minutes). Remove from oven; cool on baking sheet on wire rack until just cool enough to handle (3–5 minutes).
3. With dampened hands, gently press popcorn into 15 balls, about 1/4 cup each. Place the chili powder in a small strainer and sift it over the popcorn balls. Store in a single layer in an airtight container up to 2 days.
Serving size: 3 popcorn balls
Calories 135; Fat 3.7g (sat 0.5g, mono 2.5g, poly 0.5g); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 1g; Carbohydrate 26g; Sugars 18g; Fiber 1g; Iron 0mg; Sodium 98mg; Calcium 2mg