Try This Superfruit Breakfast Recipe
Here's an easy and delicious way to work açaí into your diet.
- 8 Quick and Easy Egg Sandwich Recipes
- 7 Creative Low-Carb Pizza Recipes
- 10 Unexpected Oatmeal Recipes
Eating the same old breakfast can get boring day in and day out, but it’s important to have a good-for-you morning meal. Keep it nutritious while mixing things up with a puréed açaí bowl, a traditional Brazilian breakfast that’s loaded with antioxidants and won’t leave you crashing before lunchtime. The açaí berry is one of the most nutritious and powerful foods in the world, filled with fiber and heart-healthy fats. Dig in!
Açaí Breakfast Bowl Recipe
2 Sambazon smoothie packs
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 banana, divided
1 tablespoon coconut flakes
1 tablespoon dried and/or fresh berries
1 tablespoon high-fiber cereal or granola
- Blend smoothie packs, almond milk and half the banana until smooth and thick, about 30 seconds.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and top with coconut flakes, berries, cereal and the rest of the banana, sliced.
- 290 cal
- 13 g fat (4.5 g sat)
- 40 g carbs
- 75 mg sodium
- 9 g fiber
- 4.5 g protein
This article originally appeared on Life by DailyBurn.