Conquer Your Stomach Pooch
Id always been lucky enough to have a relatively flat stomach. Then, when I turned 33, it happened—the dreaded pooch appeared. And Im not alone: In a Health.com poll, 83 percent of you said your tummy is your number-one body complaint. “Women tend to gain in their abdomens as they age because metabolism slows and body-fat distribution shifts to the belly,” says Brent Moelleken, MD, a plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills, California.
- Your hectic life plays a role, too. “When you get stressed, your body produces increased levels of cortisol,” Moelleken says, “which is often associated with higher levels of deep-ab fat.” Think youre doomed? Youre not. Here are some surprisingly effective ways to tighten your tummy.
- Should You Get a Tummy Tuck?
- The Best Stretch for Flat Abs
- See more:
- The Best (and Worst!) New Diet Books
- Blast Off Fat (Way) Faster
- Strength Moves to Burn Fat