Breathable, comfortable, non-slip, and personally recommended by women who run almost every day, these socks will take your runs to the next level.
While running socks tend to get overlooked easily, they actually play an important role in your fitness wardrobe and even have the ability to make or break your run. Wearing the wrong type of socks will not only be uncomfortable, but can also become a distraction by slipping off your heels, causing blisters, or getting soaked with sweat—and no one wants to deal with these annoyances while trying to focus on getting a good run in.
To make sure this doesn’t happen, you’ll want to do your research ahead of time and invest in a pair of the best running socks that are comfortable, supportive, non-slip, and quick-drying. But if you’re not sure where to start on your search for top-quality running socks, we’re here to help—we tapped six avid runners to ask about their all-time favorite running socks. Their suggestions include warm wool socks that are great for cold weather runs, highly durable sweat-wicking options, cushioned ankle socks, breathable socks best for long-distance runs, and more.
These are the best running socks for women in 2021:
- Best-Rated: Balega Hidden Comfort Athletic Running Socks
- Best Non-Slip: Adidas Superlite Stripe No-Show Socks
- Best Sweat-Wicking: Nike Dri-FIT Cushion No-Show Socks
- Best for Marathons: Balega Enduro V-Tech Quarter Socks
- Best for Winter Runs: Darn Tough Vertex Micro Crew Cushion Sock
- Best Compression Socks: CEP Ultralight Performance Running Socks
- Best Cushioned: Under Armour Run Cushion No-Show Tab Running Sock
- Best for Distance Running: Thorlos Experia Multi-Sport Padded Low-Cut Sock
- Best for Trails: Stance Versa Infiknit Crew Socks
- Best Odor-Resistant: Balega Silver Antimicrobial No-Show Sock
- Best With Arch Support: Feetures Elite Max Cushion No Show Tab Sock
With these recommendations in mind, we’ve compiled a list below of the 11 best socks for running that cover a wide variety of fits, brands, and price points. Hard-core runners know that you should never underestimate the importance of a good sock—and with these choices, you can embark on your next run without any uncomfortable distractions. Wear your new socks with a pair of the best running shoes and your favorite running leggings, and you’ll be ready to give it your all—distraction-free—next time you pound the pavement.