These Are the 6 Best Vacuum Cleaners to Use If You Have Allergies, According to Reviews
Whether you have seasonal or year-round allergies, owning a vacuum that will help ease your symptoms is important. Many vacuums kick the dust and germs off your carpets and floors and into the air, which can set off symptoms like sneezing, a stuffy nose, and headaches. To avoid this, you'll not only want to find a vacuum that is powerful enough to suck up all those allergens, but also has a good filtration system. (And if you don't have one already, investing in an air purifier is a good idea, too.)
Vacuums that have a HEPA (high efficiency particulate air) filter are considered some of the best for allergy sufferers. HEPA filters are designed to trap 99.7% of particles like mold, pollen, and pet dander that are at least 0.3 micromillimeters in size. While you usually see the filters in air purifiers, certain vacuums have them to clean the air as they clean your floors. Most HEPA vacuums are also sealed, meaning the air goes directly through the filter instead of leaking around it.
- Best Overall: Dyson V11 Torque Drive Cordless Vacuum
- Best Robot: iRobot Roomba 981 Robot Vacuum
- Best for Pets: Bissell 2998 MultiClean Lift-Off Pet Vacuum
- Best Upright: Shark Navigator Lift-Away Upright Vacuum
- Best Canister: Miele Classic C1 Pure Suction Canister Vacuum
- Best for Bedding: Raycop Lite UV Sanitizing Allergen Vacuum
1. Best Overall: Dyson V11 Torque Drive Cordless Vacuum
2. Best Robot: iRobot Roomba 981 Robot Vacuum
3. Best for Pets: Bissell 2998 MultiClean Lift-Off Pet Vacuum
4. Best Upright: Shark Navigator Lift Away Upright Vacuum
5. Best Canister: Miele Classic C1 Pure Suction Canister Vacuum
6. Best for Bedding: Raycop Lite UV Sanitizing Allergen Vacuum
Sign up for our Health Shopping newsletter to get your daily dose of retail therapy with great deals handpicked by our editors — straight to your inbox.