Mariska Hargitay's Guilt-Free Chocolate Muffins
Stars love baked treats, too. Heres a recipe that celebrity chef Bethenny Frankel (pictured at left, with Mariska Hargitay) whipped up for the "Law and Order: SVU" star: Joyful Heart Fudge Chip Muffins—named for Hargitay's Joyful Heart Foundation, which helps sexual assault survivors heal mind, body, and spirit.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Makes 8 muffins
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup semisweet dairy- and gluten-free chocolate chips (such as Sunspire)
- Powdered sugar (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place 8 paper liners in muffin tin; coat with cooking spray.
2. Combine applesauce and next 4 ingredients. In a sepa-rate bowl, whisk together the next 6 ingredients. Add oat mixture to applesauce mixture; stir until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
3. Spoon batter into muffin cups. Bake for 20–22 minutes, rotating the pan a half-turn after 10 minutes. Muffins are done when tops are firm to the touch.
4. Cool slightly. Top with powdered sugar, if desired. (Serving size: 1 muffin)
Calories 154 (24% from fat); Fat 5g (sat 2g, mono 1g, poly 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Protein 2g; Carbohydrate 30g; Sugars 21g; Fiber 3g; Iron 2mg; Sodium 331mg; Calcium 86mg.
See how to Cut Calories Without Losing Flavor.