Watch: How to Get Mussed, Chic Bed-Head Hair
Because, really, when will this ever look bad?
Slightly mussed, did-she-or-didn't she just emerge from the boudoir is a classic look. It will never date and it will always be sexy. If you need proof, take Brigitte Bardot's signature hair for exampleâit's almost half a century later and her look is still used as reference and inspiration. If that's not timeless, then I don't know what is. In the celebration of love and kisses and, well, let's face it, a good romp, we made a tutorial to for how to get "just got some lovin' hair", but the MIMI way, natch. Check out the short vid and more detailed steps below!
1. Sprinkle a texturizing powder, like Bumble and bumble PrÃªt Ã Powder ($12; sephora.com) on your roots and gently work it into the scalp.
2. Wrap your hair around a 1 inch curling iron like Harry Josh 2-in-1 Ceramic Marcel Curling Iron ($175;Â dermstore.com). Be sure to make every other strand wrap around the iron in opposite directions.
3. Hold pieces at random lengths of time, and varying sizes to make your waves.
4. Spritz a texturizing spray all over your hair. We suggest Renee Furterer Vegetal Texture Spray ($17;Â dermstore.com).
5. Muss things up with your fingers. Don't be afraid to get messy!