Glossy Is The New Smoky Eye, And Here’s How To Do It
See ya, matte shadow; dewy eyes are officially taking over.
Wet hair may have been having a moment in the last few years, but it’s super-slicked lids that are now taking the beauty world by storm. With over 30,000 #glossyeyes posts on Instagram and A-list fans like Kylie Jenner and Kim Kardashian donning “wet” eyes, the experimental latex look has been seriously trending, and we are more than okay with it.
The tutorial above will show you how to create your own glimmering, glossy eye in under a minute. Play with pastel glosses for a bold look, or apply warm colors for a natural summer glow. If you prefer not to stray too far from your usual makeup routine, but are looking for a quick and easy way to amp up your look, this is the trend to add to your arsenal. Just swipe a little lip gloss on your eyelids and call it a day. Out of gloss? Substitute lip balm. Same effect, we promise.
1. Apply an eye primer (we like theBalm Put a Lid on It, $18 on dermstore.com)
2. Brush a warm-toned eyeshadow over lids (try the Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette, $54 on sephora.com)
3. Swipe lip gloss on eyelids.
4. Add the same warm eyeshadow under the eyes.
5. Blend the shadow from the outer lid to your brow bone.