Romantic Beachy Waves Look Fabulous on Everyone—Here’s Exactly How to Get Them
They’ll take you from morning bed head to totally chic in no time.
It’s not surprising that beachy waves are one of the most coveted hairstyles, gracing blowout bar menus in every city. Many women who present their stylists with photo inspiration (because who doesn’t bring in pictures of other people’s hair to mimic strand for strand?!) are longing for cascading waves. Made popular over the years by celebrities walking the red carpet, loose waves have even become the signature look for many models and influencers—one scroll through Instagram and it’s obvious that they know their way around a curling iron.
People are loving lived-in, romantic waves that don’t look super styled, but there is a fine line between rigid, crunchy ringlets and soft, relaxed curls. Fortunately, getting loose waves has never been easier, thanks to this quick video guide complete with professional hair tips. Even if you have zero time to deal with your hair in the morning, this is a super easy style that’s as effortless as it is pretty.
Watch the video above and follow these steps:
- With a comb, create a middle part
- Make sure you’re curling small sections of hair
- Wrap hair around the curling iron
- Tap the iron clamp for looser curl definition
- Lightly tug the ends of your hair as you release the iron
- Continue to curl the rest of your head
- To secure curls, use a generous amount of hair spray
- Flip your head over and fluff for volume