5 Dirty Hair Styling Hacks
Here, we detail five life-saving tricks to looking presentable, even when a wash is out of the question.
We've all been there: You accidentally over-slept and now you have approximately zero minutes to get yourself together and out the door. Showering and perfecting your hair is officially a pipe dream at this point, but what to do? Here, we detail five life-saving tricks to looking presentable, even when a wash is out of the question.
1. The dry shampoo. This product is your best friend. It absorbs excess oil, adds texture, smells incredible, and feels even better. If it were socially acceptable to say so, this product is a shower in a bottle. The best part? It adds much needed volume to your locks and keeps your second-day secret, safe. Clip your hair into two sections (half up, half down) and spray the part from one ear, around the back of your head, all the way to the other ear. Then let your hair down, spray your regular part, and flip your head over. Shake out your hair and you're set to go.
2. The quick curl-and-go. If your formerly bouncy waves have fallen flat thanks to a night out and an extra long snooze, no worries. Save time by curling just the front pieces of your hair, and leave the back as is. The face-framing pieces will look polished and the back will raise your cool-girl cred (bedhead is in, after all).
3. The slick-back. If your hair is too greasy to handle (it happens), slick it back. Apply a quarter-size dollop of gel to your fingers and run them through your hair. Use a paddle brush to smooth, and apply hair spray to secure.
4. The braid. Braids look complicated, but take very little time and effort. Plus, passersby will be more focused on the intricacy of your braid than the unwashed hair it's hiding. Part your hair into two sections and secure each into a pigtail braid. Fold one side up and over your head and secure with bobby pins as needed. Repeat for the second braid, et voila!
5. The hat. All you need is a cool topper and you'll be ready in 60 seconds flat.