Behold our best picks for couples' vibrators—just don't wake the neighbors when you try them.
Most people think of their vibrator as a super pleasurable substitute for when their partner isn't around, or if they're living the single life at the moment. But this and other sex toys can make magic in the bedroom when you're with a significant other too.
“These toys can make a couples' sex life more fun and exciting,” says sex educator Bianca Alba, MPH. For starters, demo-ing a toy gives your partner an idea of the strokes and touches you really dig. Also, a sex toy can give you the chance to try a new sensation or type of play, surprising you with how great it feels.
While you might be intrigued about bringing one between the sheets on a special occasion, you don’t need to save them for red-letter dates like Valentine’s Day or your anniversary. “Sex toys shouldn't be considered a novelty item,” says New York City-based certified sex educator Logan Levkoff, Ph.D. “There is something to be said for using an enhancement that ensures orgasm and pleasure for both parties” on a regular basis, she adds.
Choosing Your Vibrator
The options are vast when it comes to selecting a vibrator for you and your partner. According to Texas-based sexologist Goody Howard, MSW, MPH, it’s best to start with the kind of pleasure that they want from their sex toys: “Are they looking for external stimulation? Insertable pleasure? Do they want it to vibrate? Or be wearable? There are lots of pleasure options to consider.”
She adds, “External pleasure is best provided with [penis] rings and finger toys. I typically suggest a bullet as a great beginner's toy for all people; bullets are small, easy to use, and don't physically intrude on a couple's rhythm. They’re great for internal and external stimulation because they’re extremely versatile. Wearables offer awesome dual stimulation for maximum impact for all parties involved.”
Ready to play? Here, the experts we spoke to share their top recommendations for the best couples’ vibrators and toys two can enjoy together.
- Best Overall: Magic Wand Original
- Most Quiet: Lelo Nea 2
- Best for Foreplay: Frisky Finger Bang-Her Vibe
- Best for Multiple Areas: Jimmyjane Form 2 USB Massager
- Best Penis Ring: Je Joue Mio Penis Ring
- Most Discreet: Dame Products Fin Vibrator
- Best for Clitoral Suction: Je Joue Mimi Soft Clitoral Stimulator
- Best G-Spot Targeting: NJoy Pure Wand
- Best Budget: LifeStyles Amuse Bullet Massager
- Best 2-in-1: Loverbeby Vibrating Penis Ring
- Best Hands-Free: LoveHoney Venus Butterfly Hands-Free Vibrator
- Most Flexible: Dame Products Pom Vibrator
- Best Low-Intensity: Zumio S Precision Clitoral Stimulator
- Best for Beginners: Trojan Vibrations Vibrating Pulse Intimate Massager