Shrimp With Spicy Ginger Noodles
Keller + Keller Photography
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 oz. soba (buckwheat) noodles
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tsp. grapeseed oil
- 2 teaspoons sriracha or other hot sauce
- 2 ounces snow peas, julienned
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, seeded and julienned
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook noodles until al dente, 2 to 3 minutes or according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
2. Combine ginger, garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, 1/3 cup of the oil, sriracha, snow peas, scallions, bell pepper and sesame seeds in a large bowl. Add noodles; mix well with your hands. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Devein shrimp by running a sharp knife down backs to remove black streak. Rinse with cold water.
4. Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until very hot. Toss shrimp with remaining 2 teaspoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Sear on both sides until cooked through, about 1 minute per side. Divide noodles among 4 bowls, top each with shrimp and serve.
- Yield: Serves 4
|Calories per serving:||325|
|Fat per serving:||25g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||30mg|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||8g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||19g|
|Sodium per serving:||575mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Calcium per serving:||85mg|