PB and J Power Bars
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups pitted Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup unsweetened natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup almonds, roughly chopped
1. Line a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with parchment. Pulse oats in a food processor until coarsely chopped—do not overprocess or create a powder. Add dates, peanut butter, vanilla and salt; process until mixture starts to stick together. Add dried cherries and pulse a few times.
2. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl and add almonds. Place a piece of parchment on top and knead with your hands to incorporate ingredients.
3. Transfer mixture to prepared pan and use a sheet of parchment to press and flatten evenly into pan. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting into bars. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 1 month.
- Yield: 12 bars
|Calories per serving:||151|
|Fat per serving:||6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0mg|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Protein per serving:||3g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||23g|
|Sodium per serving:||117mg|
|Iron per serving:||ironmg|
|Calcium per serving:||26g|