Chocolatey Oat-and-Nut Breakfast Bars
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a 9-by-5-inch baking pan with parchment.
2. Mix together coconut, hemp seeds, flaxseed, chia seeds, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Process oats in a food processor until coarse. Add to seed mixture. Add nuts to food processor and process until they're in small pieces but not a flour. Add to bowl with oat-and-seed mixture.
3. Add dates, almond butter, and coconut oil to food processor and process until smooth. Add vanilla and almond extract, if desired, and pulse. Fold date mixture into oat-and-nut mixture and mix well—you can use your hands to incorporate ingredients. Mix in chocolate chips.
4. Transfer mixture to prepared pan and use a sheet of parchment to press and flatten evenly into pan. Bake until top is golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour before slicing. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Yield: 16 bars
|Calories per serving:||166|
|Fat per serving:||11g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0mg|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Protein per serving:||4g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||17g|
|Sodium per serving:||78mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Calcium per serving:||33mg|