- 2 pounds carrots, cut diagonally into 2-in. lengths if large
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Add carrots; simmer until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain.
2. Whisk together honey, vinegar and miso.
3. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrots and miso mixture; cook, stirring frequently, until carrots are well coated, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in cilantro and salt. Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Yield: 6 servings
|Calories per serving:||113|
|Fat per serving:||3g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||5mg|
|Fiber per serving:||5g|
|Protein per serving:||2g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||21g|
|Sodium per serving:||493mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Calcium per serving:||54mg|