Grilled Chicken Paillard Salad
- 8 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano, or 1 tsp. dried
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pound chicken cutlets
- 3 red bell peppers, stemmed and seeded
- 2 romaine hearts, trimmed, leaves separated
- 1 ounce ricotta salata or Parmesan, thinly sliced
1. Combine 6 Tbsp. vinegar, 2 Tbsp. oil, garlic, oregano, and 1/2 tsp. each salt and black pepper in a small bowl. Divide marinade between 2 ziplock backs. Place chicken in 1 bag and bell peppers in other, turning bags to coat. Marinate at room temperature, turning bags occasionally, for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat grill or a lightly oiled grill pan to medium-high heat. Remove chicken and bell peppers from bags; discard marinade. Grill chicken and bell peppers, sprinkling with salt and black pepper and turning, until chicken is cooked through and bell peppers have softened, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; let chicken rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
3. Slice chicken and bell peppers into strips; arrange over romaine. Top with cheese. Drizzle with remaining 2 Tbsp. vinegar and 1 Tbsp. oil. Sprinkle with black pepper and serve.
- Yield: 6
|Calories per serving:||449|
|Fat per serving:||27g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||51mg|
|Fiber per serving:||5g|
|Protein per serving:||21g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||30g|
|Sodium per serving:||889mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Calcium per serving:||114mg|