Greek-Style Baby Potatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 4 cups olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds baby new potatoes, halved (about 4 cups)
- 4 fresh bay leaves
- 12 Castelvetrano or other large olives, halved (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Kosher salt and black pepper
1. Preheat broiler. Place bell pepper halves cut-side down on a foil-lined baking sheet. Brush tops with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Broil 4 inches from heat until charred, 6 to 8 minutes. Place in a bowl; cover tightly with plastic wrap. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel and cut into strips.
2. Combine potatoes, bay leaves and remaining oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Simmer until potatoes are very tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
3. Transfer potatoes to a bowl with a slotted spoon; discard bay leaves. Stir in olives, parsley, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Serve warm.
- Yield: Serves 4
|Calories per serving:||368|
|Fat per serving:||25g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0mg|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Protein per serving:||4g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||33g|
|Sodium per serving:||737mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Calcium per serving:||37mg|