Easy Jerk Chicken With Peppers and Pineapple
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 bell peppers (1 red, 1 orange), seeded and cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, cored and cut into ½-in.-thick rings
- 1/2 yellow onion, cut into ½-in. chunks
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4-6 thin-cut boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 to 1 1/2 lb. total)
1. Preheat oven to broil, with a rack 4 inches from heat. Line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Make jerk seasoning: Whisk together thyme, sugar, allspice, garlic powder, salt, cayenne, and black pepper in a small bowl.
3. Toss bell peppers, pineapple, and onion on prepared baking sheet with oil and a generous pinch of the jerk seasoning, spreading everything out evenly.
4. Rub chicken pieces with remaining jerk seasoning, coating lightly. Nestle chicken pieces among vegetables on baking sheet. Transfer to oven and broil until chicken is cooked through and peppers and pineapple are well charred, 10 to 12 minutes, flipping chicken halfway through. Keep a close eye on baking sheet to prevent burning. Serve hot.
- Yield: 6
|Calories per serving:||245|
|Fat per serving:||10g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Dietary fiber per serving:||69mg|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Protein per serving:||23g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||17g|
|Sodium per serving:||367mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Calcium per serving:||39mg|