Dark Chocolate Frozen Banana Bites
Iain Bagwell; Styling: Mindi Shapiro
- 3 small (about 6-in.-long) ripe bananas, each cut into 6 (1-in.) slices
- 18 cocktail picks
- 5 ounces dark (85% cacao) chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded dried coconut, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt flakes
1. Skewer each banana slice with 1 cocktail pick and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Freeze for 1 hour.
2. Pour water to a depth of 1 inch into bottom of a double boiler set over medium heat; bring to a light boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer. Place chocolate and oil in top of double boiler and cook, stirring often, until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth, about 4 minutes.
3. Dip 1 skewered banana slice in chocolate mixture; immediately sprinkle with a pinch of coconut and return to baking sheet. Repeat procedure with remaining coconut for 5 more banana slices, then with almonds for 6 banana slices, then with sea salt for remaining 6 banana slices. Freeze bites for 1 hour before serving.
- Yield: Makes 18 bites
|Calories per serving:||229|
|Fat per serving:||14g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||8g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||1mg|
|Fiber per serving:||5g|
|Protein per serving:||3g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||25g|
|Sodium per serving:||196mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Calcium per serving:||26mg|