Cranberry Magic Bars
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 9 graham crackers, broken
- 3/4 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup plus 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, broken if large
- 1 1/2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped (1/4 cup)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Line bottom and sides with parchment; spray again.
2. Pulse graham crackers, ¼ cup of the pecans and 3 tablespoons of the sugar in a food processor until finely ground. Pulse in butter until fine crumbs form. Press into an even layer in pan. Bake until edges are golden brown and center is dry, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
3. Combine cranberries, orange juice and remaining ½ cup sugar in a small pan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil, stirring occasionally, until mixture has reduced to 1 cup, 8 to 10 minutes. Spread evenly over crust. Sprinkle coconut and remaining ½ cup pecans on top; gently press into cranberry mixture. Scatter chocolate over top; press in.
4. Bake until filling is gently bubbling and coconut is golden, about 20 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Lift out of pan using parchment. Cut into 16 squares.
- Yield: 16 bars
|Calories per serving:||166|
|Fat per serving:||10g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||10mg|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||1g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||20g|
|Sodium per serving:||42mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Calcium per serving:||14mg|