Coastal Carrot 'Fettuccine'
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, quartered if large
- 2 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 3 large rainbow or orange carrots
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, toasted, for garnish
1. Heat oil over medium-low heat in a large skillet. Add garlic and sauté until soft and fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and 2 Tbsp. basil; sauté until tomatoes burst and release their juices, about 5 minutes. Shave carrots into ribbons, using either a spiral slicer (aka spiralizer) or a vegetable peeler.
2. Add carrots, tomato sauce, paprika, salt, and pepper to skillet and cook until carrots are tender, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 Tbsp. basil and garnish with pumpkin seeds before serving.
- Yield: 4
|Calories per serving:||114|
|Fat per serving:||8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0mg|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Protein per serving:||2g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||11g|
|Sodium per serving:||505mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Calcium per serving:||35mg|