- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 avocado, pitted peeled, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeño
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups sliced napa cabbage
- Sour cream, hot sauce, sliced radishes, and additional toppings, optional
1. Combine vinegar, honey, and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Stir in onion. Let stand at room temperature, stirring occasionally, for at least 30 minutes.
2. Pulse peas, avocado, chopped cilantro, lime juice, jalapeño, garlic, 1/2 tsp. cumin, and 1/4 tsp. salt in a food processor until combined but not smooth. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate.
3. Mix 1 Tbsp. oil, chili powder, reminaing 1 tsp. cumin, and 1/2 tsp. salt in a small bowl. Rub chicken all over with spice mixture. Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken, turning, until cooking through, about 12 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes on a cutting board, then shred. Drain onion.
4. Fill tortillas with cabbage, pea quacamole, chicken, pickled onions, and additional toppings, if desired. Garnish with cilantro sprigs. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 4
|Calories per serving:||377|
|Fat per serving:||16g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||118mg|
|Fiber per serving:||8g|
|Protein per serving:||24g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||38g|
|Sodium per serving:||596mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Calcium per serving:||146mg|