- Olive oil or avocado oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cups finely ground whole-wheat bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head cauliflower, big stem removed, florets and smaller stems chopped into 1-in. pieces
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Grease a large rimmed baking sheet with oil.
2. Beat eggs in a shallow bowl. Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in another shallow bowl. Set half of bread crumb mixture aside in a separate bowl.
3. Designate one hand as your "wet hand" (for eggs) and one as your "dry hand" (for bread crumbs). Using your wet hand, drop some cauliflower pieces into egg mixture and turn to coat evenly. Shake off any excess egg, then drop coated pieces into bread crumb mixture. Using your dry hand, sprinkle some bread crumbs on top and roll cauliflower pieces around until evenly coated. Transfer coated pieces to baking sheet and repeat with remaining cauliflower. When you run out of bread crumbs, use the second bowl. (This keeps the bread crumbs from getting too soggy.)
4. Brush or spray tops of cauliflower pieces with a light coating of oil. Bake, flipping over halfway through, until cauliflower pieces can be easily pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes. Serve warm.
- Yield: 8
|Calories per serving:||151|
|Fat per serving:||5g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||73mg|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Protein per serving:||7g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||20g|
|Sodium per serving:||33mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Calcium per serving:||63mg|