Carrot and Zucchini Pasta
Jennifer Causey ; Food Styling : Chelsea Zimmer ; Prop Styling : Mindi Shapiro
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sliced garlic or 1/4 cup sliced spring garlic bulbs
- 2 large thyme sprigs, plus 2 tsp. chopped leaves
- 2 large tarragon sprigs, plus 1 Tbsp. chopped leaves
- 2 large zucchini (about 24 oz.)
- 2 large carrots (about 12 oz.)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ounce pecorino Romano cheese, grated (about 1/4 cup)
1. Combine oil, garlic, thyme sprigs, and tarragon sprigs in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic just begins to brown, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes. Discard herb sprigs.
2. Using a spiralizer, cut zucchini and carrots into long “noodles.” Combine zucchini, carrots, pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt in a medium bowl; toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes; drain.
3. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. During last 6 minutes of cooking, place whole eggs in boiling water with pasta. Drain pasta and eggs. Plunge eggs into a bowl of ice water; let stand 5 minutes. Add pasta, oil mixture, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt to zucchini mixture; toss to coat.
4. Divide pasta mixture evenly among 4 plates. Peel eggs and cut in half lengthwise. Top each serving with 2 egg halves. Sprinkle servings evenly with cheese, chopped tarragon leaves, and chopped thyme leaves.
- Yield: 4
|Calories per serving:||372|
|Fat per serving:||27g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||194mg|
|Fiber per serving:||5g|
|Protein per serving:||13g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||23g|
|Sodium per serving:||794mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Calcium per serving:||161mg|