Steak with Scallion-Ginger Sauce
- 2 10-oz. 3/4-inch-thick boneless strip steaks, trimmed, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon cold, unsalted butter, diced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
1. Warm a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Season steaks with salt and pepper. Swirl 2 tsp. oil in skillet. Add steaks; cook until browned on one side, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn and cook, 3 to 4 minutes longer for medium-rare. Transfer to a platter and tent with foil to keep warm.
2. Add remaining 2 tsp. oil, white and light green scallion pieces and ginger to skillet; sauté for 1 minute. Add garlic; sauté for 30 seconds. Add sherry and broth; cook, stirring, until liquid has reduced by about half, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stir in oyster sauce. Remove skillet from heat; add butter and swirl until sauce is creamy.
3. Slice steaks across grain; spoon sauce over. Top with scallion greens and sesame seeds and serve.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: Serves: 4
|Calories per serving:||375|
|Fat per serving:||24g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||8g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||31g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||3g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||91mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||386mg|
|Calcium per serving:||35mg|
Good to Know
Resist the urge to move the meat around before it's seared or it won't get that nice, brown crust—the ideal texture.