Roasted Winter Vegetables with Miso Vinaigrette
- 4 pounds winter vegetables (such as butternut squash, white and sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts and parsnips), peeled and/or trimmed as necessary and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 8 cups)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons Asian sesame oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons white miso
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 400°F with racks in upper and lower thirds. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment.
2. In a large bowl, toss vegetables with olive oil and salt. Divide vegetables evenly between baking sheets, spreading them out in a single layer. Roast, stirring occasionally and switching baking sheets halfway through, until tender and very browned, 30 to 40 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together sesame oil, rice vinegar, miso, soy sauce and honey.
4. Remove vegetables from oven and transfer to a serving bowl. Immediately toss with miso vinaigrette. Scatter sesame seeds and scallions on top and serve.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: Serves: 8
|Calories per serving:||240|
|Fat per serving:||8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||6g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||41g|
|Fiber per serving:||9g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||613mg|
|Calcium per serving:||95mg|
Good to Know
To help vegetables brown evenly, give them an occasional stir while they're roasting, and slice denser veggies (like carrots), into smaller pieces than you would lighter ones (like Brussels sprouts).