Loaded Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF with racks in upper and lower thirds. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment. Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
2. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugars until light, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs 1 at a time until incorporated and mixture is creamy, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Beat in vanilla.
3. Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually beat in flour mixture until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips, oats, pecans and coconut.
4. Scoop dough into 1-inch balls, arranging as many as will fit on prepared sheets, spaced 1 inch apart. Bake, switching sheets halfway through, until lightly browned and set, about 15 minutes. Let cool slightly on sheets on wire racks, then transfer to racks to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: Yield: About 7 dozen 2-inch cookies (serving size: 1 cookie)
|Calories per serving:||73|
|Fat per serving:||4g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||1g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||10g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||7mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||29mg|
|Calcium per serving:||6mg|
Good to Know
The coconut palm sugar in these cookies boasts vitamin C, potassium iron, and zinc.