Greek Marinated Chicken Kebabs
- 1 small sweet onion, such as Vidalia, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 lb. total), cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 small whole-wheat pitas
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
1. In a blender, puree onion, tomatoes, lemon juice, oregano, garlic, 1 Tbsp. oil, 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Transfer to a ziplock bag and add chicken; seal and shake. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, turning bag once or twice.
2. If using bamboo skewers, soak in water for at least 30 minutes. Preheat grill to medium-high. Remove chicken from marinade (discard marinade) and thread on skewers, about 3 pieces each. Oil grill grates. Grill kebabs, turning, until lightly charred on outside and cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Place kebabs on warmed pitas with cucumber and a dollop of yogurt. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired; serve.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: Serves: 4
|Calories per serving:||314|
|Fat per serving:||8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||41g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||20g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||111mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||513mg|
|Calcium per serving:||44mg|
Good to Know
If you use bamboo skewers, be sure to soak them in water before grilling for at least 30 minutes. It'll prevent them from catching on fire.