Peach-Buttermilk Ice Pops
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 pound ripe peaches (3 to 4 medium) or 2 cups chopped thawed frozen peaches
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together butter-milk, vanilla, almond extract and 3 Tbsp. honey until smooth. Pour 2 Tbsp. buttermilk mixture into each of 6 1/2-cup ice pop molds and freeze until slightly firm, about 1 hour.
2. If using fresh peaches, bring a pot of water to a boil over high heat. Have a large bowl of ice water ready. Add peaches to boiling water and cook just until skins loosen, about 30 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, transfer immediately to ice water. Let stand until cool enough to handle, about 30 seconds.
3. Peel peaches and cut into wedges; discard peels and pits. Place peach wedges (or frozen peaches) in a food processor with remaining 2 Tbsp. honey and puree until smooth. Transfer 3/4 cup peach puree to a small bowl. Stir remaining 3/4 cup puree into remaining buttermilk mixture. Reserve any extra puree for a separate use.
4. Remove popsicle molds from freezer and top each with 1/4 cup peach-buttermilk mixture. Freeze until slightly firm, about 1 hour. Remove from freezer and top each mold with 2 Tbsp. peach puree. Insert sticks according to manufacturer's instructions. Freeze until firm, at least 3 hours and up to 1 week. Unmold and serve.
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: Yield: 6 ice pops (serving size: 1 ice pop)
|Calories per serving:||106|
|Fat per serving:||1g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||2g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||24g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||2mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||54mg|
|Calcium per serving:||60mg|
Good to Know
Prep Tip: Instead of blanching the peaches, use a serrated peeler to get the skins off.