Blueberry-Banana Ice Cream
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup light agave nectar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
1. Peel and slice bananas and place in a gallon-size ziplock bag. Squeeze out air. Place flat in freezer and freeze until firm, at least 6 hours and up to overnight.
2. In a food processor, puree bananas, 2 Tbsp. agave and 1/4 cup almond milk, scraping sides of bowl, until smooth, 2 to 4 minutes. Spread ice cream in an 8-inch square freezer-safe container, cover and place in freezer.
3. Clean out food processor bowl. Add blueberries and remaining 2 Tbsp. agave and 1/4 cup almond milk and process until smooth, about 1 minute.
4. Remove banana ice cream from freezer and dollop with blueberry mixture. Using a rubber spatula, gently swirl together. Cover and freeze until slightly firm, about 30 minutes. Serve immediately, or store in freezer in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Let soften slightly before scooping.
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: Serves: 6
|Calories per serving:||129|
|Fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||1g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||34g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||16mg|
|Calcium per serving:||21mg|
Good to Know
This recipe works with other berries as well. Besides blueberries, you can also swap in 1 cup of raspberries or strawberries.