Watermelon, Tequila and Lime Granita
- 10 cup cubed watermelon, from a 7- to 9-lb. ripe seedless melon
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, from about 4 limes
- 1/4 cup blanco tequila
- 1/4 cup light agave nectar
- Lime wedges, optional
1. In a blender, combine watermelon, lime zest and juice, tequila and agave and blend until smooth, adding watermelon in batches if necessary.
2. Pour mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a 9-by-13-inch freezer-safe dish. Press with a spoon to extract as much juice as possible. Discard pulp.
3. Freeze for 2 hours. Using a fork, scrape up and incorporate ice crystals. Freeze again, scraping up ice crystals every 30 minutes with a fork, until frozen, about 2 hours more. Spoon into 6 bowls, garnish each with a lime wedge, if desired, and serve.
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: Serves: 6
|Calories per serving:||143|
|Fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||2g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||31g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||3mg|
|Calcium per serving:||20mg|
Good to Know
This granita is a refreshing, low-calorie treat on a hot summer's day. For an extra layer of flavor, you can also serve this sip in a margarita glass with a salted rim.