Cantaloupe and Lime Slushy
- 6 cups ripe cantaloupe chunks, from 1 medium melon
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, plus more for garnish
- 2/3 cup fresh lime juice, from about 8 limes
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. honey
1. Line a large baking sheet with parchment. Spread cantaloupe in a single layer and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours and up to overnight.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together lime zest and juice and honey until honey dissolves.
3. In a blender, combine cantaloupe, lime juice mixture and 1 1/2 cups cold water and blend until smooth, working in batches if necessary. Pour into 4 glasses, sprinkle with lime zest and serve.
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: Serves: 4
|Calories per serving:||172|
|Fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||2g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||44g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||40mg|
|Calcium per serving:||29mg|
Good to Know
Get the tastiest cantaloupe at the store by picking one that's heavy for its size with a sweet fragrance.