Pepper Steak Fajitas
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak, cut crosswise to fit in skillet (about 3 pieces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large bell peppers, any color, seeded and sliced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 12 6-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- Sour cream, avocado, cilantro and lime wedges, optional
1. In a shallow glass dish, stir together garlic, lime juice and chili powder. Add steak, turn to coat and let stand for 5 minutes, turning occasionally.
2. In a large nonstick or seasoned cast-iron skillet, warm 1 Tbsp. oil over medium-high heat. Cook bell peppers, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes. Add cumin seeds; continue to sauté until bell peppers are lightly browned and tender, about 2 minutes more. Transfer to a platter.
3. Add remaining 1 Tbsp. oil to skillet. Add steak and cook, turning once, until browned, about 6 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let stand for 5 minutes before slicing thinly against the grain.
4. Top tortillas with bell peppers and steak. Serve with additional toppings such as sour cream, avocado, cilantro and lime wedges, if desired.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: Serves: 6
|Calories per serving:||427|
|Fat per serving:||18g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||31g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||32g|
|Fiber per serving:||18g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||74mg|
|Iron per serving:||4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||525mg|
|Calcium per serving:||145mg|
Good to Know
This skirt steak is coated in garlic, lime juice, and chili powder for a spicier taste, and it gives you a fun meal option that's ready in 30 minutes.