Zucchini "Pasta" with Shrimp
- 4 large zucchini (about 2 1/2 lb.)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound large shrimp (about 22), peeled and deveined
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 1/2 cups fresh peas
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil
1. Using a vegetable peeler, shave sides of zucchini to create ribbons (discard peel), turning zucchini once you hit seedy core.
2. In a deep, heavy 12-inch skillet, warm oil over medium-high heat. Season shrimp with salt and pepper and cook, turning often, until just pink and cooked through, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Add corn and peas to skillet and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add zucchini and wine. (Don't worry about crowding skillet; zucchini will wilt.) Cook, tossing with tongs, until zucchini is crisp-tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Add butter and continue tossing until all vegetables are tender, about 1 minute. Add shrimp and cook, stirring, until shrimp are warmed through, about 1 minute more. Remove skillet from heat. Stir in lemon juice and basil, season with salt and pepper and serve.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: Serves: 6
|Calories per serving:||238|
|Fat per serving:||9g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||16g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||22g|
|Fiber per serving:||5g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||105mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||550mg|
|Calcium per serving:||86mg|
Good to Know
To create this "pasta," use a vegetable peeler to shave the zucchini into thin ribbons. Discard the peel, and go until you hit the seedy core.