Tropical Fruit Pudding
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or other sweetener
- 24 ounces silken tofu (about 3 cups)
- 2 mangoes, peeled, pitted and cut into big chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract, optional
- 1/2 large pineapple, peeled, quartered and cored
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1. In a food processor or blender, put syrup, tofu, mangos, vanilla, salt and coconut extract, if desired. Puree, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary, until completely smooth, at least 1 minute. Transfer to a large bowl.
2. Chop pineapple into 1/8-inch pieces and fold into pudding. Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to several hours.
3. In a large skillet, cook coconut over medium heat, stirring frequently, until golden brown, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from skillet and let cool. (You can store coconut in an airtight container in refrigerator for days.) To serve, spoon pudding into bowls and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: Serves: 4
|Calories per serving:||380|
|Fat per serving:||16g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||10g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||10g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||53g|
|Fiber per serving:||7g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||82mg|
|Calcium per serving:||156mg|
Good to Know
WOW your friends with this dairy-free dessert. Creamy and sweet, it has a little crunch from the toasted coconut that will convert your friends and family into tofu lovers.