- 1 1/2 pounds firm tofu
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, from 1 clove
- 1 bunch radishes, sliced or chopped
- 1 cucumber, sliced or chopped
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Cut tofu into small cubes. In a large bowl, put vinegar, sugar, 1 tsp. salt and 1 cup water. Whisk to combine, then add scallions, garlic and tofu; toss gently to coat with marinade. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes and up to 2 days.
2. Drain tofu mixture, reserving pickling liquid. In a separate large bowl, put tofu mixture and add radishes, cucumber and avocado.
3. Toss ceviche with 2 Tbsp. of reserved pickling liquid, plus oil and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding more pickling liquid if desired. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
- Prep Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: Serves: 4
|Calories per serving:||265|
|Fat per serving:||18g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||17g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||13g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||596mg|
|Calcium per serving:||356mg|
Good to Know
Tip: Add more herbs to the mix. Tossing in fresh basil and/or mint along with the cilantro will give this dish an extra pop of flavor.