Dark Chocolate-Covered Strawberries
- 4 ounces dark chocolate (60% to 70%), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup lightly salted roasted pistachios, finely chopped
- 12 large strawberries, preferably long-stemmed
PreparationWatch the video: How to Make Chocolate Covered Strawberries
1. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. (Do not let water boil or bowl touch water.) Cook, stirring occasionally, until chocolate has melted. Carefully remove bowl and let chocolate cool for 5 minutes. Place pistachios in a small bowl.
2. One at a time, hold a strawberry by stem and dip into chocolate, coating about two-thirds; allow excess to drip off. Immediately dip into pistachios. Set strawberries in 1 layer on prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm, about 10 minutes.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: Yield: 12 strawberries (serving size: 1 strawberry)
|Calories per serving:||87|
|Fat per serving:||6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||2g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||8g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||1mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||26mg|
|Calcium per serving:||15mg|
Good to Know
This simple dessert is loaded with antioxidants and vitamins. Plus, its low-cholesterol and low-sodium content makes it good for your ticker.