Butternut Squash Pizza
- 6 cups cubed butternut squash, peeled and seeded
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Pinch kosher salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted green olives
- 1 pound pizza dough
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a roasting pan, toss squash, sugar, oregano, salt and 1 Tbsp. oil. Bake until tender, about 35 minutes.
2. In a skillet, cook onion and garlic in 1 Tbsp. oil until soft. Stir in vinegar, raisins and olives. Add to squash.
3. Increase oven to 500°F. Brush a large baking sheet with remaining oil. Form dough into 4 rounds on baking sheet. Top with squash mixture. Bake until golden, 12 to 15 minutes.
Alex Guarnaschelli is an executive chef in New York City and winner of Food Network's Next Iron Chef: Redemption.
- Yield: Serves: 4
|Calories per serving:||497|
|Fat per serving:||12g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||12g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||85g|
|Fiber per serving:||15g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||692mg|
|Calcium per serving:||99mg|