Breadsticks, Three Ways
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
1. Roll dough into a 16-by-12-inch rectangle. Cut into 16 strips; transfer to 2 parchment-lined baking sheets.
2. Top breadsticks: Brush with 1 Tbsp. water and sprinkle with salt and crushed red pepper; or brush with sesame oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds; or sprinkle with Parmesan.
3. Let rest 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 425°F. Bake until golden, 10 to 13 minutes.
Note: Nutritional analysis is for Salt and Crushed Red Pepper variation.
Sesame: 82 Calories, 2g Fat (0g Sat.), 0mg Chol., 2g Fiber, 3g Pro., 13g Carb., 122mg Sod., 0mg Iron, 0mg Calcium
Parmesan: 74 Calories, 1g Fat (0g Sat.), 1mg Chol., 2g Fiber, 3g Pro., 13g Carb., 131mg Sod., 0mg Iron, 7mg Calcium
Ted Allen is host of Food Network's Chopped and author of In My Kitchen.
- Yield: Serves: 16
|Calories per serving:||71|
|Fat per serving:||1g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||3g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||13g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||242mg|
|Calcium per serving:||0.0mg|