Easy Caramel Apple Pie
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 tart apples, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 3 tablespoons caramel sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted pistachios
1. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add apples; sauté 4 minutes. Add sugar, spice and salt; sauté 5 minutes. Mix cornstarch and 1 Tbsp. water. Stir in, then let cool.
2. Preheat oven to 450°F. Mist a 15-by-11-inch rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray and press in dough. Top with apples.
3. Bake until golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Drizzle with caramel, then sprinkle with nuts.
Antonia Lofaso is an executive chef in Los Angeles and author of The Busy Mom's Cookbook.
- Yield: Serves: 12
|Calories per serving:||198|
|Fat per serving:||5g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||4g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||35g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||8mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||257mg|
|Calcium per serving:||15mg|