Sweet Potato-Black Bean Bowls
- 4 cups packed fresh baby spinach
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, baked or microwaved until tender, halved or chopped
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, any color, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta, shredded Cheddar or grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups marinara sauce, warmed
1. Divide spinach among 4 bowls. Microwave each, uncovered, for 1 minute on high to wilt, if desired.
2. Divide sweet potatoes, beans, tomato, peppers and cheese among bowls with spinach.
3. Stir cumin and cinnamon into marinara sauce; divide among bowls or serve on the side.
- Prep Time:
- Yield: Serves: 4
|Calories per serving:||233|
|Fat per serving:||4g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||9g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||43g|
|Fiber per serving:||11g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||11mg|
|Iron per serving:||4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||890mg|
|Calcium per serving:||158mg|
Good to Know
If you want an even healthier mix, use no-salt-added black beans and season lightly to taste. This will cut down on sodium!